Metropolitan Open School
3390 LIBRARY LANE | ST. LOUIS PARK, MN 55426 | 952.926.5552
The Application Process
Because of the unique nature of our school, we take time to get to know the prospective student and want them and their families to get to know us. Therefore, our application process includes:
- Parents visiting the school and meeting with a teacher
- Prospective student visiting the school and "trying" MOS for one or more days
- Family completes and submits the application form along with an application fee
- Full tuition for the 2017 - 2018 school year is $8700.
- Tuition may be paid in 1, 2, 4, 10, or 12 payments.
- The first payment is due July 1.
- Reduced tuition on a sliding scale basis is available for those who qualify.
What are the daily hours?
8:45 AM through 3:30 PM. Students may arrive 8:30 and 8:45 AM, and leave between 3:30 and 4:00 PM.
How do students get to school?
For St. Louis Park residents, a public school bus is provided.For others, parents must drive them.
What is the school year?
The school year typically runs from the day after Labor Day to the first full week of June.
What range of ages are accepted as students?
New students: Kindergarten through age 12. Students may remain until High School (as determined by their local district).
What is the student teacher ratio?
Never higher than 8:1.
One full time teacher plus part-time teachers and volunteers.